The 2017 Australian Indoor Rowing Championships will be held from the 4 – 12 November 2017 at venues across Australia. The event is a chance for people to participate in a National Indoor Rowing Event without leaving their hometown!
- Open, Lwt and Para 500m – Men’s and Women’s
- Open, Lwt and Para 1000m – Men’s and Women’s
- Open, Lwt and Para 2000m – Men’s and Women’s
- Open, Lwt and Para 1 min rip – Men’s and Women’s
- Team Relay 4 x 500m
All of the race categories, excluding team relay, are in line with Indoor Rowing Events run throughout Australia and Internationally. This means any Australian and World Records set during these events will be recognised and verified by Concept 2, plus there is the opportunity to compete at the C.R.A.S.H-B event in Boston, MA in February 2018.
For all ages and abilities
The Australian Indoor Rowing Championships is open to anyone and everyone over the age of 12.
12 & 13’s Under 16 Under 19 19-29 30-39 40-49 50-54 55-59 60-64 65-69 70-74 etc..
What is the maximum weight for the lightweight category?
Men: 75 kg Women: 61.5 kg.
If a competitor is entered in a lightweight category, and can’t make weight, they will be accommodated where entries allow in the respective open division for that race. There is no lightweight category for competitors under the age of 19 years.
Race Entry Costs
RACE ENTRY COSTS – ADULTS
- $27 for one race
- $47 for more than one race
RACE ENTRY COSTS – UNDER 19’S
- $22 for one race
- $37 for more than one race
$2 from every entry goes directly to support our charity partner Robert Connor Dawes Foundation.
How to enter
- Click the Enter button above
- Select an official Event Centre from the list in your State.
- Then select the events you want to enter in.
Can competitors enter more than one race?
Yes, we encourage multiple entries! More chance of setting a PB and winning a medal!
When & how will the winners be announced?
Results will be posted via the RA Facebook page, Twitter account and AIRC website page during the month of November, and regularly updated as each Event Centre completes their event.
Official winners will be posted on social media and the AIRC website page.
Entries close at midnight, 30 October 2017
Officially supporting Brain Cancer Research through The Robert Connor Dawes Foundation
$2 from every entry will be automatically donated to the RCD Foundation. Participants can also help raise more funds for this important cause by making a voluntary donation through the entry portal or registering for Connor’s Team Challenge.
Connor’s Team Challenge
Get together four mates to raise money for this important cause and go in the draw to win amazing prizes.
- Sign up for the Team Relay event
- Set up your own fundraising page through GoFundraise website (selecting RCDF as your Charity and ‘Personal Challenge’ as your event)
- Complete the Team Relay event and fundraise over $500
- All entries that meet the fundraising target and finish the team event will go in a random draw to win amazing prizes
For further information on the Robert Connor Dawes Foundation
- Coming soon
Past event results
For any questions regarding the Australian Indoor Rowing Championships please email [email protected]