Athletes and coaches vying for selection in Australian Teams must go through a rigorous selection process that culminates in their competing at the Olympic Games or World Championships.
The NRCE's overall objectives for athletes are:
- Retention of current medal capable Senior A athletes through to the 2012 Olympic Games.
- Individual performance management of the medal capable Senior A athletes across all four years of the Olympic cycle.
- Targeting and maximising the development of additional emerging athletes capable of medal winning performances at the London Olympic Games.
- Providing effective athlete funding across performance managed athletes and emerging talent to enable athletes to train to the required standards for the targeted Olympic performances.
- Provide effective mechanisms to ensure there is appropriate athlete responsibility for performance.
- Apply innovative and diverse talent identification methods to identify, recruit and mange talented athletes in a State based TID Program structure with national aims – that is centrally coordinated.
- Linking high performance aspects of Rowing Australia’s AWD program with the relevant interfaces of the NRCE able bodied programs.
The NRCE's overall objectives for coaches are:
- Retain proven Olympic and Paralympic medal winning coaches.
- Identify key coaching characteristics/skill required to coach Olympic Gold medal performances.
- Provide coach development opportunities to targeted HP coaches demonstrating targeted coaching characteristics/skill.
- Ensure all coaches working in the Australian HP program and/or HP delivery programs are adhering to the NRCE Performance Framework.
- Ensure alignment between targeted HP coach characteristics/skill and Rowing Australia coach development program (NCAS).
Athletes and their coaches are at the core of the sport of rowing. Athletes are represented on the Rowing Australia Board in the role of Director, Athletes Representative.
The Director is elected by the Athletes' Commission and appointed to the RA Board for 12 months.
back to top