If you wish to advertise in the classifieds ‘Jobs’ section please contact Rob Winkworth at [email protected].
Marketing and Sponsorship Coordinator – Rowing Australia
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer the Marketing and Sponsorship Coordinator will have two key areas of responsibility;
- Implementing marketing plans for various RA events and programs with a particular focus on the Sydney International Rowing Regatta
- Delivering contractual servicing requirements for RA’s portfolio of sponsors
To be successful in this role you will have a university degree or the equivalent of two years’ experience within a marketing and communications role. You understand the key components of delivering marketing plans and servicing corporate sponsors and have a strong desire to build your career within sport. You may have experience within sport on a paid or voluntary basis. You are a skilled communicator and build rapport with people easily. With an eye for detail, you enjoy being part of teams and strive for excellence in everything you do.
- A strong understanding of the development and implementation of marketing plans for events, particularly the role that digital platforms play within this.
- A strong understanding of the role of sponsor servicing within a sporting or event context.
- Experience in the delivery of social media campaigns.
- Experience in creating content for advertisements, eDM’s and other marketing collateral.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Experience with Mail Chimp, Word Press or equivalent Customer Relationship Management software.
- An ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure with excellent attention to detail.
- An undergraduate university degree within Marketing and Communications or Sports Marketing or the equivalent of two years-experience in a marketing or communication role.
- Experience in the sport sector is desirable but not essential.
The role is to operate from the Rowing Australia Reinhold Batschi National Training Centre in Yarralumla, Canberra.
Free use of on-site car parking and gym facilities is available.
Salary: From $55,000 pa (excluding super)
To apply please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter outlining why you would be an outstanding candidate for this role to Rowing Australia’s Chief Commercial Officer at [email protected].
Applications close Friday 27 January, 2017 at 9am
Candidates should be available for interviews on between 30 Jan and 1 Feb.
To find out more please click here to view a PDF of the position description.